Decades of Delivering Excellence
As the largest privately owned pipe fabricator in the country, Turner Industries offers turnkey solutions that provide a one-stop shop for your pipe fabrication needs. We’ve grown by meeting client demand at every turn and constantly emphasizing innovation. We pioneered induction bending in the United States, and our digital, real-time tracking process continues to set the standard in our industry. After more than 55 years in the industry and decades of achievement in pipe fabrication, we still strive to exceed client expectations.
Bert Turner, founder of Turner Industries, forms International Piping Systems (IPS) and builds a dedicated fabrication facility in Port Allen, La. The division's headquarters is located there to this day.
Turner revolutionizes the pipe fabrication business by replacing 1.5-foot diameter elbows with induction bends. The company’s pipe fabrication division sets itself as an industry leader by purchasing two Cojafex machines and by proving that bending pipe with heat or hydraulic pressure results in greater strength and reduced production time.
After growing its Louisiana footprint, the division continues to grow. It purchases a 350,000-square-foot facility in Paris, Texas, which allows it to greatly expand its services to the nation.
Turner Industries continues to invest in automation, with purchase of 5 axis pantograph machines.
Turner Industries' Port Allen coating facility becomes the first ever to achieve accreditation for shop activities from the NIICAP (AS-1 Shop Level, Accredited Shop Coatings Contractor).
After three decades of consistently meeting and exceeding client demand, Turner Industries' fabrication division is the largest private pipe fabricator in the United States.
Trust the Process
Trust the Process
Our technology-driven pipe fabrication process offers all the services you need under one roof. From engineering to delivery, every spool is completed on time and on budget. Each step of every project is planned meticulously, down to the last weld.
EngineeringOur in-house engineers and drafters create renderings to help bring your pipe spools from the computer to the shop floor.
- SmartPlant Spoolgen in conjunction with all leading 3D plant design systems, including but not limited to:
- Intergraph: 3D, PDS, CADWorx
- Bentley: Autoplant, Plantspace
- Aveva: PDMS
- Output shop sketches on to AutoCAD backing sheets
- Shop drawings can be created using AutoCad from isometric or orthographic drawings
- Each spool is assigned a barcode for tracking throughout the entire process
Project ManagementEvery single job is assigned a project manager, no matter the order’s size, to ensure your project receives the level of care it needs.
- All jobs assigned a project manager and project engineer
- Project estimates tracked by labor hours required
- Internet status reporting
- Constructability priority sequencing
- Progression tracking through delivery date
ProcurementOur in-house procurement teams work to find the highest quality materials for your pipe projects.
- Approximately $6-7 million in stocked inventory
- In-house procurement teams
- Customer furnished materials accepted
- Extensive international and domestic purchasing capabilities
- AML adherence and management
ProductionTurner Industries’ full range of Automatic, Semi-Automatic, and Manual pipe fabrication capabilities includes bending, coating and everything in between.
- Pipe Fabrication
- Manual and automated welding
- Heat induction & cold bending
- Modular fabrication
- Structural steel supports
- Heater tube components
- More than 850,000 square feet of shop capacity
- 24/7 operations
Quality ManagementOur certified fabrication shops, in-house testing methods and tracking processes ensure integrity in all our work. Five locations across the Gulf Coast all hold code stamps “S”, “U” and “R” and provide complete traceability, standardized and custom document packaging and in-house processes for NDE/NDT, heat treating and stress relieving.
- Paris, Texas facility holds nuclear code stamps “NPT”, “NA” and “NS”. The Quality Program is also compliant with 10CFR 50 Appendix B and NQA-1.
- NPT: Authorization to fabricate without design responsibility and supply ferrous/nonferrous materials from Turner
- NA: Authorization to do shop assembly
- NS: Authorization to fabricate supports without design responsibility
- Standard Document Packages include:
- Copy of the “As Built” shop sketches
- NDE paperwork associated with all spools
- Bulk MTR’s at completion
Painting & Blasting
Painting & BlastingOur climate-controlled facility offers every painting and blasting service you need to protect your pipes.
- Fully equipped, climate-controlled industrial painting facility
- NACE International Institute Contractor Accreditation Program (NIICAP) - 1st AS-1s Shop
- NACE Certified Inspectors
- Coating services include:
- Fabricated and straight run pipe
- Structural steel
- Vessel and equipment
- Fusion bonded epoxy
- Specialty blasting
- Tank linings
- ID pipe blasting & coating
- Chemical cleaning
- Thermal spray
DeliveryUsing secured loads and pipe flange and opening protection, we can safely deliver pipe spools to any location in the continental U.S.
- Secured load
- Pipe flange & opening protection
- Spool piece identification tag
- Spool document package
Connected Across the countryWe have the capabilities to ship pipes anywhere across the country, from coast to coast. Our five locations are strategically located so our clients can connect with our resources no matter where they are.
Port Allen, Louisiana
South shop:Fabrication and bending facility, 150,750 square feet, 27 acres
North yard:50,000 square feet
Coatings facility:80,000 square feet 60,000 square feet climate controlled 15,000 square feet coatings building
Fabrication and bending facility350,000 square feet
Coating facility70,000 square feet, climate controlled, 100 acres
Details:75,000 square feet
Corpus Christi, Texas
Details:30,000 square feet
Details:30,000 square feet, climate controlled
See how our expertise can create a better customer experience for you. Contact us so we can help make your pipe dreams a reality.